8MM FORUM WORLDWIDE • View topic - Need Eumig Mark S power cord and spares

8MM-16MM FORUM WORLDWIDE

The International Forum for 8mm, 16mm, and 9.5mm film
Dedicated To Collectors Around The World
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Click on any of the boxes below to link to a new page

Screening Rooms    Ebay Film Sellers    Film/Equipment Sellers    Laurel and Hardy    Magnetic Striping

Our mission is to provide a "free" forum for all members. This forum will not delete, lock up, or edit any posts. On this forum, you are "free" to question any statement that is not understood, and debate any differences you have with another member. We only moderate when a member will not back up his accusations. There are no condescending attitudes from the Administrator or the Moderator. You will be treated with respect. Dan Lail, Admin. and Chris Smith, Moderator

Post subject: Need Eumig Mark S power cord and spares
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:59 pm 
Film Expert

I need the power cord for an 8mm standard EUMIG Mark S 1964 model with tube amp, this a very peculiar type of cord and it seems to be none standard. The cable goes in the front of the projector just besides the lens. I understand the power cord is the same for some Bolex/Pillard models.

I am also looking for the following:
The silver plates that go on the projector that reed "EUMIG" and "Mark",
The front plastic/rubber shoe,
Original EUMIG 550 feet take up reel,
Original manual in English,
Spare pilot lamp bulbs,
Rubber drivers disc,
Spare motor mount rocker.

Attachments:
eumig_netzkabel_550.jpg
eumig_netzkabel_550.jpg [ 46.35 KiB | Viewed 6552 times ]
 Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Need Eumig Mark S power cord and spares
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:36 pm 
Film Expert

The parts for this projector are very specific according to where the projector is being used. It was built in Austria and the power cord should be the same in Austria as is it in Columbia. Two prong and probably 240V. You need to contact Phil Johnson here in the US for replacment parts. He knows the most about the Eumigs and has parts to repair or replace.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:11 am 
Film Expert

Hi Erick, actually Colombia is 120V/60hz, the projector I have is the model for USA and Canada that works perfectly in here. The projector is the same for Europe and America, if the back cover is removed you gain access to the transformer where the contacts can be switched to work with any voltage, there is also a lever that can be moved to 50 or 60hz position. I have the adapters that where you can plug the circular European prongs so the cable can connect into the flat American sockets, so I can use the American cable or the European without any problem.

I already contacted Phil Johnson, he wasn't really of much help, actually he made me an offer for the projector. He is offering one of this models for $1400 USD !!! http://8mm16mmfilmscollectibles.com/8mm3.htm

I will write to him again and give it another try.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:31 pm 
Film Expert

Hi Julian!

Bolex in Switzerland offers repair and spareparts for Eumig projectors and cameras. Maybe they can help you. Some time ago I was offered refurbishing of a Mark S-709 at a fixed price of ca 300$. www.bolex.ch

It is really hard to find these power cords. Many projectors are offered without it. I own 7 or 8 of these "first generation" Eumig 8mm sound projectors, but only 3 cords.

God luck

Mats Abelli
Sweden

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:02 pm 
Film Expert

Hi Mats, thanks. I already contacted Bolex/Pillard and another company in Austria that handle spare parts for EUMIG projectors. The answer was that they don't have any spare parts available for the MARK S, I was amazed by the fact that many other EUMIG projectors used this weird cable and they don't have anything left. There is guy in Austria that has the European spare cable for 15 euro, but he said he won't ship to Colombia, so it was useless.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:32 pm 
Film Expert

I know you are in Columbia but have you considered replacing the power input plug yourself? It is a simple solder job and as you said the main trans is simple to move the plugs around. I'm not used to using the round plugs you have but maybe if you replace the 50Hz plug with a 60Hz plug it would be easier to find a replacement cord.