8MM FORUM WORLDWIDE • View topic - Let's Clear This Crap Up!

8MM-16MM FORUM WORLDWIDE

The International Forum for 8mm, 16mm, and 9.5mm film
Dedicated To Collectors Around The World
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Click on any of the boxes below to link to a new page

Screening Rooms    Ebay Film Sellers    Film/Equipment Sellers    Laurel and Hardy    Magnetic Striping

Our mission is to provide a "free" forum for all members. This forum will not delete, lock up, or edit any posts. On this forum, you are "free" to question any statement that is not understood, and debate any differences you have with another member. We only moderate when a member will not back up his accusations. There are no condescending attitudes from the Administrator or the Moderator. You will be treated with respect. Dan Lail, Admin. and Chris Smith, Moderator

Post subject: Let's Clear This Crap Up!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:40 pm 
Site Admin

I have been told by several collectors who will remain confidential that there are negative rumors and scuttlebutt being spread about me on both sides of the pond. This appears to have started about two years ago. About two years ago, I was challenged on two other forums by a member implying that I was not a real film collector, but instead only a "greedy eBay seller". Also about the same time, another person who was a friend of this poster did a couple of film purchases from two reputable film collectors. This person claimed that one of his purchases did not arrive, and that another transaction in the same time frame ended up in a tangled web of unfactual happenings. I have challenged this person on two other forums regarding the true facts about the transaction. I challenged him only because he brought up the subject. On one forum, I was advised to "not challenge him". The other forum did let me follow through with presentation of the true happenings. This leads me to believe that most of the rumors and scuttlebutt started with these two persons.

My wife and I have been collecting film since the early 1990's. I have been involved with home film projecting since the 1970's. My sales on eBay since 2001 exceed 7,000 with 100% Positive Feedback. If someone wants to return a film, there are not questions asked, and a refund is given. It is the same with private sales.

My personal collection includes Std 8MM, Super 8MM, and 16MM. It is an average size collection with an eclectic mix of titles, subjects, and features. We have a home cinema. Once a year I project films for the Laurel & Hardy Museum for their annual festival - at no cost.

I started this forum as a service for the collecting community that is unique because of the added features:
Several Link buttons at the top of each page that provide information. There is no charge for entering your information on these links.
There are no forum rules, except be courteous.
There are no insulting rules upon registration, which is User activated.
Moderating is done with respect and courtesy.
This forum was created solely by me. I programmed it, designed it, added special features from the basic phbb template. I run danajerrye.com, 8MM Forum Worldwide.com, and some of my eBay selling tools all from the same host provider for $10 per month.

I noticed that most of my members are posters rather than readers, but only a few actually post here.

If anyone has any negative information about me, I am really easy to talk with, so send me a PM or an email, and let's clear this crap up. Or if you wish, post it here on the forum.

Hope to settle this once and for all,

Dan [set5_b/set5_b/beatdeadhorse5.gif]

http://www.metroxpressjazz.com/index.html

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Let's Clear This Crap Up!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:35 pm 
Film Expert

I guess I don't pay enough attention...I never read any of that crap. Not knowing "who" spread crap rumors, from my end I don't see any base to it. On the same note, I would go out on a limb and guess most all collectors, myself included have had half-truths told about them in private.

For what it is worth, I have both, bought and sold films with/from/to you on flebay and privately never with any issues

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:45 pm 
Film Expert

Where's this stuff posted, Dan? I read all the forums as you know. I haven't seen any hint of allegations against you. I'm fully aware of a few shady collectors on the forums but I've not seen you mentioned.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:03 pm 
Site Admin

Mike, it's out there. It might appear only as an implication. I'm sure it's only a hand full of people. Just wanted to make it clear to those who were not aware.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:35 pm 
Film Expert

Hi Dan

I personally have not see any of it. If I had , or if I do, I would copy and paste it in a message to you directly. [set5_b/set5_b/cheers2.gif]

I can say in all honesty that I have purchased 16mm from you in the past via EBay, 8mm from you via the forum, equipment from you and you have ALLWAYS given me the most courteous and professional service! I will continue to buy from you in the future. [set5_b/set5_b/hurray.gif]

If only I could find Loganville where? [set5_b/set5_b/auto.gif]

Pat DAlessio
Rhode Island

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:17 am 
Film Expert

Pat, just turn left at Albuquerque. [set5_b/set5_b/sifone.gif]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:27 pm 
Film Expert

No worries here....I've bought a few films from you off eBay and received great films and great deals.

And smooth service. :D

Keep up the good work Dan.

Bill [set5_b/set5_b/sifone.gif]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:32 am 
Film Expert

Anybody who even thinks about putting a movie projector on his boat is clearly a film collector...

-other people don't wonder about things like that!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:29 am 
Film Expert

My first post:

I have been to Loganville and have seen the interior of Dan's house. This man is not a collector. He's a serious collector!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:33 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Anybody who even thinks about putting a movie projector on his boat is clearly a film collector...

-other people don't wonder about things like that!

Of course, i could be considered unstable. [set5_b/set5_b/willy_nilly.gif]

Quote:
I have been to Loganville and have seen the interior of Dan's house. This man is not a collector. He's a serious collector!!!

Ron, welcome to the forum. [set5_b/set5_b/hurray.gif] I remeber the visit well. We ate Italian. You took home a free projector. Unfortunately, I didn't realize the darn thing was running a tad slow. :oops:

Ron is a serious drummer too. [set5_b/set5_b/cheers2.gif]