8MM FORUM WORLDWIDE • View topic - HELP PLEASE Soundhead Wiring Elmo ST180

8MM-16MM FORUM WORLDWIDE

The International Forum for 8mm, 16mm, and 9.5mm film
Dedicated To Collectors Around The World
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Click on any of the boxes below to link to a new page

Screening Rooms    Ebay Film Sellers    Film/Equipment Sellers    Laurel and Hardy    Magnetic Striping

Our mission is to provide a "free" forum for all members. This forum will not delete, lock up, or edit any posts. On this forum, you are "free" to question any statement that is not understood, and debate any differences you have with another member. We only moderate when a member will not back up his accusations. There are no condescending attitudes from the Administrator or the Moderator. You will be treated with respect. Dan Lail, Admin. and Chris Smith, Moderator

Post subject: Re: HELP PLEASE Soundhead Wiring Elmo ST180
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:38 pm 
Film Expert

Hi Eric,

Thankyou for that.
I'm about to have a look at the preamp.
Yes it did arrive at my place with various faults and someone else had been "tinkering" with it.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:16 pm 
Film Expert

Update:-

Today I fitted another sound head assembly into my st180 and it went ok with that head but still no go with the old one.
I'm not sure if the old one is still magnetised because my demagnetiser doesn't seem to work and my tape bulk eraser may not have done the job correctly, so I'm after a new or good used magnetic sound head assembly for my ST180. One out of an st600 is the same so that would do as well. If anyone has a complete st180 or st600 sound head assembly they would sell, please reply here with price etc or pm me.

Many thanks to Dan and Erik especially, who both did their best to help me. Very much appreciated guys.

Regards Frank.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:53 pm 
Film Expert

Were always here to help Frank. Us older guys got into this years ago and just want to help.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:13 pm 
Film Expert

Thankyou for that Erik. I think the helpful attitude on this forum is exceptional. I'm only 68 and I can still be helped like any young chap. (grin) I started out learning to be a projectionist in the mid 1950's and was helped and encouraged in those days too. That helpful attitude seems to have prevailed all these years. Not that long ago, I could simply have gone to the local camera and projector shop and bought a new sound head assembly for a few dollars. Oh how that has changed so I'm trying to get a few super 8, 16mm, and 35mm projectors together and into good running order, before parts become too hard to find.

I've got several Eiki and Elmo 16mm machines, one or five super 8 machines, and the odd 35mm projector. My only real problem apart from spare parts, is storage area, since my main shed was earthquake damaged just over two years ago, and has yet to be repaired.
It's certainly a great hobby but storage facilities and spare parts can be a daunting problem. Hopefully the spare parts issue for the current ST180/600 can be resolved soon with more help from members of this forum.