8MM FORUM WORLDWIDE • View topic - Post you Recent Screenings

8MM-16MM FORUM WORLDWIDE

The International Forum for 8mm, 16mm, and 9.5mm film
Dedicated To Collectors Around The World
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Click on any of the boxes below to link to a new page

Screening Rooms    Ebay Film Sellers    Film/Equipment Sellers    Laurel and Hardy    Magnetic Striping

Our mission is to provide a "free" forum for all members. This forum will not delete, lock up, or edit any posts. On this forum, you are "free" to question any statement that is not understood, and debate any differences you have with another member. We only moderate when a member will not back up his accusations. There are no condescending attitudes from the Administrator or the Moderator. You will be treated with respect. Dan Lail, Admin. and Chris Smith, Moderator

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post you Recent Screenings
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:59 am 

Welcome to the Forum, David, and thanks for sharing!

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:19 pm 
Film Expert

Hello David!

Welcome to the forum...lots of good friends and great info. I just wanted to comment on Ken's Varan, the Unbelievable. I also have this 200'er and it is a very nice print...sharp and nice contrast. I may have to pull it out for a screening!

Bill [set5_b/set5_b/sifone.gif]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:49 pm 
Film Expert

First screening. Radar Men from the moon. B&W slient with subtitles. Watch this on silver screen classic on the sat. tv. They often run trailers(I think that what you call them) I'v seen the whole set and put them on my PVR. As being my first Ebay buy,it went well. the box and film in good shape,can't say much about the colour :lol: as for the rest good quality. Now the hunt is on for the other 6 reels.
Attachment:
IMG_4575.jpg
IMG_4575.jpg [ 34.69 KiB | Viewed 126525 times ]

Attachments:
_MG_4582.jpg
_MG_4582.jpg [ 43.81 KiB | Viewed 126525 times ]
_MG_4583.jpg
_MG_4583.jpg [ 43.74 KiB | Viewed 126525 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:10 pm 

Go for it, Ed! Now you're officially into the hobby !! [set5_b/set5_b/hurray.gif]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:06 am 

Last night I watched THE CRIME OF DOCTOR HALLET (16mm). 1938 Universal "B" flicture with Ralph Bellamy, the beautiful Josephine Hutchinson and ill-fated Barbara Read (a suicide at 45--man, what does Hollywood DO to some people?) One IMDB says the film used to be played on tv horror film shows--it's as far from a "horror" flick as you could get. Bellamy (DR. HALLET) is working in Sumaria trying to discover a cure for "Red Fever". My print is watchable and enjoyable, but unfortunately it's marred by a pretty severe solid line though most of the first reel. I seldom see this one come up on eBay. Once again, I forgot to snap a few screen shots.

Attachments:
en42185.jpg
en42185.jpg [ 147.25 KiB | Viewed 126510 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:19 pm 
Site Admin

there were a lot of good movies made during that 1938 to 1939 span . I always liked Ralph Bellamy . he was such a natural actor very believable.

http://www.metroxpressjazz.com/index.html

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:37 pm 

Ralph Bellamy was as dependable an actor as you could get--his very presence makes the "bit-of-a-stretch" plot, plausable. I forgot to mention my featured short at last night's show was CARING FOR YOUR TOYS (16mm), a 1954 Centron Camp Classic I won on eBay last week. Centron is near and dear to my heart (I posted some snaps on this Forum of my visit to the original studios last year.)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:44 pm 

My daughter Jess is home for the first time in nearly 4 years (she lives across the country in Washington State.) She wanted a "drive-in night", of course, (she grew up on my movie shows) and invited a few of her close friends for the evening. Rain knocked the outdoor plans for a loop, so we screened the show on the new enclosed porch addition. It was lots of fun to watch three 31 year old women sing along and recite lines from the feature RAINBOW BRITE AND THE STAR STEALER (16mm LPP color--near mint feature) and the warm-up short WONDERFUL WORLD OF STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE (16mm LPP color.) She's off tomorrow for a few days in Vermont but will be back here next weekend when I'll try again to project outside with the huge inflatable screen. The feature will be her favorite childhood movie: Disney's ALICE IN WONDERLAND.

Attachments:
Rainbow_brite_and_the_star_stealer.jpg
Rainbow_brite_and_the_star_stealer.jpg [ 76.4 KiB | Viewed 126501 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:46 pm 
Film Expert

Magic stuff, Chris.
:D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:31 pm 

Wow--long gap since August on this thread!! Anyone else running projectors these days??? I FINALLY hibernated this weekend and have been giving one of my renovated ST-1200s a run for the money (it's doing swell.) I watched the "Auerbach Films" release of "TOYLAND" (Babes in Toyland). I discuss on another post, but it was great fun to watch and I kick myself for not viewing it in a long while. I watched BULLDOG DRUMMOND COMES BACK, a half decent Niles release of a 1930s movie. AND, Gene Autry in THE BIG SHOW, a 1936 eclectic "western" which jams music (Sons of the Pioneers with Roy Rogers blending in), art deco buildings, stunt work, early radio and the 1936 Dallas "Texas Centennial" celebration --all of it showcasing Gene's enduring persona. And, then, ELVIS. It was a pin-sharp print og GI BLUES but the film turned red which means it's soon up for sale. Hey, it's ONLY 7:30PM on a Saturday night; I have several hours to left to put this rehabbed projector through its paces: looks like I'm reaching for the 1939 HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next