8MM FORUM WORLDWIDE • View topic - Slight bragging rights and a question on Eumigs.

8MM-16MM FORUM WORLDWIDE

The International Forum for 8mm, 16mm, and 9.5mm film
Dedicated To Collectors Around The World
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Click on any of the boxes below to link to a new page

Screening Rooms    Ebay Film Sellers    Film/Equipment Sellers    Laurel and Hardy    Magnetic Striping

Our mission is to provide a "free" forum for all members. This forum will not delete, lock up, or edit any posts. On this forum, you are "free" to question any statement that is not understood, and debate any differences you have with another member. We only moderate when a member will not back up his accusations. There are no condescending attitudes from the Administrator or the Moderator. You will be treated with respect. Dan Lail, Admin. and Chris Smith, Moderator

Post subject: Slight bragging rights and a question on Eumigs.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:22 pm 
Film Expert

Many months ago I bought a Eumig 807D from another member here to play both formats. Was a good machine and worked well. Recently purchased another Eumig 807D which arrived today looking like new with more accesories than I can count. Don't want to say who the seller was because I don't know if that's taboo in here or not but he delivered a near-perfect machine with everything. Very happy.
Here's the question, the first 807D I recieved only used a 75W lamp. The one I just recieved uses a 100W lamp. The Serial number on the one I just recieved is much more recent than the first Eumig that I've been using for awhile now. I know there was a debate on here not long ago about a higher lamp wattage between models but I have two identical 807D projectors now with one using a slightly brighter lamp. Was there a change that anyone knows about during the run of one model?
For verification, I'm going by the sticker next to the lamphouses on each machine. Also I did recieve the user manuals for each projector. The first one says to only use a 75W lamp and the one I recieved today says to only use a 100W lamp.
It isn't a huge deal since someone else mentioned on here that an 807 using a 75W lamp uses the same transformer as one with a 100W lamp. Just wanted to bring it up for a curiosity. And to brag a little.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Slight bragging rights and a question on Eumigs.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:30 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Don't want to say who the seller was because I don't know if that's taboo in here
You can say. Inquiring minds want to know. [set5_b/set5_b/bigear.gif] There is no policy here except to be courteous and give me all your films. [set5_b/set5_b/reddevil.gif]

Lee Mannering is a Eumig expert, but haven't heard from him in quite awhile. From reading the factory lamp stickers, it would be obvious they upgraded the lamp brightness.

http://www.metroxpressjazz.com/index.html

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:10 am 
Film Expert

Good that people aren't in here bragging aboutg people but the guy who sold me this machine was Mike Pinkosky. He mentioned that he had some films to sell also and if they are half the quality of what he sent me then I have to vouch for him. Great honest seller.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:37 am 
Film Expert

I do know they released the 807 in 2 models since when I first started looking for an Eumig years ago I was told to get either the 824 or one of the 807's that took the 100w bulb.